Outreachy - Week 02, Day 01!
09 Dec 2019
December 09, 2019
Task for the week:
Understand the structure and working of libdazzle’s example application.
- Try to replicate the gnome-builder “search and replace bar” widget (just the wire-frame) in the Gtranslator project.
Progress of the day:
- I finished setting up and building the libdazzle’s example application.
What I learnt from the process:
- How to setup a GNOME project structure from scratch.
- How to write meson.build files for simple projects from scratch.
- How & where to add external dependencies for the project (in either case when the application has flatpak manifests or just meson.build files).
- And lastly, how to make sure the project is installable.
Till tomorrow. o/